Formed in 1927, the Gridley-Biggs Cemetery District is located in the southeastern corner of Butte County and contains the communities of Gridley, Biggs and Richvale. The District is bordered by the Oroville Cemetery District to the east, abuts the county line on the south and west and extends north roughly to Nelson-Shippee Road. The District owns and operates the Gridley-Biggs Cemetery located at 2023 Highway 99 in Gridley, CA.
Prior to 1877, the Gridley-Biggs Cemetery was known as the "Wharton Burial Grounds" named after John O. Wharton, a local farmer who deeded the first portion of land to the community for burials. On March 17, 1877, the Wharton Burial Grounds became the Live Oak Cemetery Association. The Association was formed as the Gridley-Biggs Cemetery District on June 29, 1927. The first known burial occurred in November 1855.
- Address: P.O. Box 494, Gridley, CA 95948
- District Office telephone number is: (530) 846-2537
Cemetery Service Providers Municipal Service Review and Sphere of Influence Plan - Nov. 4, 2010