Formed in 1954, the Bangor Cemetery District is located in southeastern Butte County and generally surrounds the unincorporated community of Bangor. District Sphere of Influence and jurisdictional boundaries are coterminous and extend to the County line on the south and east and are bordered by the Oroville Cemetery District to the west and north, and Upham Cemetery District to the northeast. The District owns and operates the Bangor Cemetery located at 8928 La Porte Road in Bangor, CA.
The land in which the cemetery exists, was originally donated in the 1850's. The first known burial occurred in 1863.